• Total area 152.250m²
• 11 bedrooms, 15 bathrooms
• Close to the historic centre of the city
The property, in the Serra de São Mamede, a few minutes from the historic centre of the city of Portalegre, has about 15 hectares of cork oaks, oaks and olive trees, is fully fenced and can be walked or driven in a circular way.
At one of the highest points has a large field, whose view reaches the horizon. You can still feel the contemplative atmosphere that has attracted so many hermits.
The former monastery and convent, a cultural heritage of municipal interest, represents 1208m² of construction comprising:
• 8 bedrooms, all with bathrooms
• 3 suites, one of which is 70m², equivalent to a T1
• The 11 rooms are equipped with air conditioning, television, hairdryer, safe box, minibar, telephone and Internet access
• It has 3 large rooms, including one with a fireplace
• In the living room, which gives access to a terrace overlooking the stone ruins, traces of a medieval silo, discovered during the construction phase in 2004, can be seen on the ground and through an acrylic
• Heading to the kitchen, there is a bedroom with a bathroom for internal staff as well as several storage rooms, pantry and laundry
• At the access floor to the pool, there is a 160m² lounge with an auxiliary kitchen, cloakroom, several storage rooms and bathrooms
• The water that feeds the building and the pool comes from a mine/source on the property and is very rich in silicon, with proven health benefits.
• Several walls of the century XV including the entrance to the old church and the gate of the court with the arms of Bishop D. Jorge de Melo who rehabilitated the convent during this century
• The magnificent ancient olive tree whose identity card proves and protects it.
• Piscine with UV treatment, terrace and access to the living room
• It has 2 water mines and 1 pond
• Terrace next to the medieval walls
• Hiking zones
Amenities• Water supply system for the property's mine. It feeds both the house and the swimming pool
• There are 2 holes, one of them is used for irrigation
• Wastewater treatment system
• Fire and alarm detection system
• Water heater with solar panel system and 2 diesel boilers
• Equipped solar panels
• Hot water supply system
Other Info• Considerate historic convent and due to the presence of the old olive tree, the property is exempt from IMI taxes