• Living area 90 m²
• Plot size 294 m²
• 2 Bedrooms, 1 Bathroom
• Renovated c.2000
• Ruin with additional 60m² living area for restoration
• Countryside views
This 2-bedroom house is situated in a small unspoilt village in the Eastern part of the Algarve. It offers great country views on two sides, and while the house has been restored, it awaits the finishing touches of its new owners who may decorate and furnish it to their own taste. Due to its tranquil setting, it makes the perfect holiday retreat or even a permanent home for anyone seeking a place in a traditional Portuguese village surrounded by open countryside.
Entering the house through the front door you step into the kitchen which is currently equipped with a sink and a gas boiler for hot water. Through a wide arch one reaches the living room which has another door leading to the street on the side of the house. The living room has a fireplace for those colder winter evenings. Adjacent to the living room is one bedroom with views of the countryside to the west. A small hallway leads from the living room to the second bedroom with country views to the east and the bathroom which has a bathtub as well as a shower cubicle.
Located at the southern edge of the village and a mere 25 metres from the main house is the ruin. It consists of three rooms and 120 m² of outdoor space with great country views. The building has a habitation licence and therefore could be converted into additional accommodation.
Amenities• Country views to front and back of the house
• Mains water, electricity and drainage
• Gas boiler for hot water
• Bathroom with bathtub and shower cubicle
• Ruin for restauration project with panoramic country views
Location• Set in an unspoilt Algarvian village surrounded by peaceful countryside 3 km from the village of Pereiro with basic shop, café-bar and primary school
• A 20-minute drive to the town of Alcoutim on the Guadiana river (Spanish border)
• A 35-minute drive to the coast, beaches and golf and the Spanish town of Ayamonte.
• Essential amenities catered for in Alcoutim: medical centre, supermarket, banks, post office, pharmacy, petrol station, schools, church, restaurants, bars and cafes.
• A 45-minute drive to the historic Alentejo town of Mértola
• A 75-minute drive to Faro international airport