• Construction area of guest house 118m² and living area 97m²
• Plot 103.250m²
• Main house 2 bedrooms and bathroom,
• Guest cottage 1 bedroom with en-suite
• Renovated 2008 with lounge extension in 2014
• Garage, car port and workshop
• Above ground heated 8x4 swimming pool with cover
• Natural lake
• Possibility to build up to 2.000m² including swimming pool as a rural tourism project
This lovely home with guest cottage is ready to move into, no work required. It has a bit of everything from rolling hillside to forest with deer to a landscaped garden with a planted pergola to relax in the shade.
The pool and terrace sit outside the guest cottage overlooking cork, olive and medronho trees belonging to the property. The lake is to the back of the property near a well-maintained copse of eucalyptus trees. The whole property is tranquil, well looked after, easily accessed from a tarmac road with just a few metres of good dirt track and enjoys a periodic income from the cork and eucalyptus.
The main house comprises an entrance hall leading to a bedroom on either side, a large and light bathroom and the open plan kitchen, dining room and spacious lounge with access to the front terrace.
The guest cottage has a large open plan kitchen, dining and living area and a bedroom with en-suite bathroom. Adjoining this is a large storage shed/workshop, the garage where the washing and drying machines are, an outside toilet and a car port. It is likely that some or all of these spaces could be converted to create extra bedrooms, bathrooms or living area if desired.
This is an ideal and idyllic place to live if you want to be surrounded by nature yet not be isolated.
According to a local architect there is the possibility to extend the main house up to 500m² of which could include an in ground pool and if a project was put in for rural tourism it would be possible to build up to 2000m².
Amenities• Mains electricity, borehole water
• Soakaway septic tank
• Gas hot water heating
• Water filtration system
• Double glazed windows, aluminium shutters and fly screens
• Internet and satellite TV
• Auto irrigation gravity fed from lake
• Woodburner in hallway and pellet burner in lounge
• Air conditioners in part
• Heat wafers
LocationFew minutes walk to nearest bars and cafés
12km to São Marcos da Serra with most amenities including bank, post office, supermarket, bakery…
20km to Monchique with all amenities including fresh market..
29kms to the market town of Messines
18km to the fluvial beach at Santa Clara dam
45km to West coast beaches
75km to Faro airport