• Plot - 30.100m²
• 2 bedrooms plus loft space spare room, 2 bathrooms, 1 en-suite, large living space and lovely kitchen
• Construction area allows for a pool to be built (subject to planning consent)
• Old house extensively renovated in 2007
• Natural lake
This very nicely renovated country house is located in tranquil and pretty country side with a few neighbours here and there so not completely isolated. It is surrounded by its own land with a lake, crop trees, fruit trees, fertile growing land, a citrus orchard, abundant fresh water from a well and a river running along the boundary. It is only a 12-minute drive to the town, easy to get on to the motorway for the airport and just a few minutes away from good local bars and restaurants.
Fresh bread from the wood oven is delivered twice weekly and a mobile shop selling most essentials comes once a week.
The house comprises an entrance hall to a large open plan living and dining room, a pretty country kitchen with utility room, two bedrooms with fitted wardrobes, two modern bathrooms, one en-suite and a great loft space with a window and ample enough to be used as a spare bedroom. There is reverse air conditioning in main rooms, an open fire place in the living room and natural stone wall heaters in the main rooms. The walls are thick and the beautiful wood ceilings high helping to maintain a cool atmosphere in the hot summer months. Outside is a large container store shed, a small garden shed, two water holding tanks for the house and a rainwater tank for irrigation. There is plenty of parking space, an area by the house which would be perfect for a swimming pool if desired and a lovely planted garden area.
This is a very comfortable permanent home but could also be a holiday home to get away from it all, it is easy to lock up and leave having sturdy shutters and a good alarm system. It could be your dream home!
Amenities• Mains electricity
• Abundant water from well. This has been recently cleaned.
• Water filtration for drinking water
• Soakaway septic tank
• Irrigation water from barragem
• Electric water boiler
• Open fireplace in living room plus stone wall heaters in main rooms
• Air conditioners in bedrooms and living area
• Double glazing, hard wood frames and shutters
• Alarm system
Location• 12km to Messines with all amenities and market
• 4km to several bar / restaurants
• 30km to south or west coast beaches
• 60km to Faro airport