• Plot is in excess of 4.5 hectares
• 4 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms
• Unique location, having spectacular 360º panoramic views
• Beautiful lake – great for swimming and water sports
• Wooden T1 Chalet/Guest accommodation
• Only an hour to Faro Airport
A long private road approaches the high automatic entrance gates to this amazingly peaceful and idyllic property. Amongst mature gardens are a variety of indigenous shrubs and flowering trees, plus olives, grape vines, pink grapefruit, lemon, tangerine, orange, fig, plum, apple, almond and pomegranate. The remainder of the land is planted with established eucalyptus, cork oaks, Conifers and terraces of Arbutus which is used to produce Medronho - the local spirit.
The large entrance hall has handcrafted terracotta floor tiles with access to the living room via double doors, separate entrance to the kitchen and an archway to the ground floor bedrooms. The huge 45.10m2 living and dining room has high ceilings and two sets of glass doors which lead to a covered terrace. A large wood burning stove has a back boiler heating system that heats the living room plus it provides hot water for the radiators throughout the house. Wonderful views from the south facing fully fitted kitchen with granite worktops and breakfast area look out to the lake and gardens. A stable door leads to a BBQ area and dining al-fresco on the large terrace, again with superb views to the lake.
Within the dining area of the kitchen, a spiral staircase ascends to the Master bedroom suite, which has double glazed sliding doors to a good sized balcony with stunning views of the lake. There is a fitted dressing room and a large walk in shower room.
In the bedroom wing, there are three bedrooms, a master bedroom with terrace doors complete with an en-suite shower room and the two other bedrooms share a family bathroom. All of the bedrooms have fully fitted wardrobes.
Also there is a very large roof terrace providing a 360º views on which a further room could be constructed, subject to planning approval.
Hidden in the gardens is a little oasis plunge pool, naturally heated via a pump system with jets and set in a sheltered southerly position, surrounded by Papyrus, Cannas, Strelitzia and various palms.
Situated approximately 50m from the house is a South-facing wooden chalet with a double bedroom, shower, WC, open-plan sitting area and a covered terrace overlooking the lake.
The opportunities for the use of this house, land and lake are endless: A private residence, a holiday escape or alternatively holiday adventure or retreat business. This is a true paradise.
Amenities• Utility Room (9.80m2) fitted wooden units, with white marble work surfaces, elevated washing machine, freezer and fridge
• Storage room (17.35m2) wooden shelving
• Gas hob
• Electric oven
• Extractor fan
• Storage cupboards
• Central heating on the ground floor level
• Bespoke solid hardwood shutters
• Double glazing in the 1st floor master suite
• Bottled gas for hot water and hob
• Borehole with cisterna plus a 50m3 underground cistern, which supplies the irrigation system of 5 automatic watering zones.
• No water bills
• Sewage Certified Biological soak-away system
Location• The beaches of either Alvor or Meia Praia are approximately 19km
• Palmares golf is approximately 18km and Penina Golf 20km
• Both the towns of Lagos and Portimao are approx. 22km
• Odiaxere: 15km
• Faro Airport is approx. 86km
• The Autodromo do Algarve is 15 minutes’ drive and the mountain market town of Monchique is approximately 40 minutes’ drive.