Fantastic opportunity to own a whole hamlet of quality renovated buildings including three houses, a studio and workshop surrounded by hills and bordered by a river. Being in nature but close to the town it is prime for a small guest house, rural tourism or family home with possibility to generate some income.
• 3 houses, studio, laundry, workshop, 2 x storage, 2 x carport, ruin to renovate
• Living areas 120m², 225m², 90m², 54m²
• Construction area 580m²
• Plot 55.200m²
• 7 bedrooms 7 bathrooms, 5 en-suite
• Built before 1951, renovated 2010 to 2016
• Second entrance to back of land
These buildings have been completely renovated and insulated whilst retaining the traditional style and using many of the original fittings. The hamlet is reached by a short dirt track and small bridge across the river. There is also a second dirt track to the rear of the land. The land is flat in front and mountain to the back.
The white and blue house has three bedrooms all en-suite, one being independent of the main area and with access to a platform pre installed for a hot tub, large kitchen and huge living space. Here also is an outdoor kitchen, spacious storage and a toilet accessed from outside the house.
The red and white house has two bedrooms both en-suite, one with access to it’s own terrace, a large living space and a kitchen that opens to a terrace.
The yellow house has two bedrooms, a bathroom, kitchen and living space opening onto a huge wooden verandah.
Several other buildings give many options and there is a huge empty mill pond which could probably be converted to a swimming pool.
Due to the layout of the houses this property would make good guest accommodation / B&B with options (subject to planning) for rural tourism or just a lovely home for an extended family.
• Mains electricity
• 2 x Rainwater cisterns
• 2 natural water sources in need of maintenance
• 2 x 3 chamber soak-away septic tank
• 4 x Wood burner
• Electric heaters
• Internet and TV by satellite
• Water heating by electric boiler and gas
• Pre installed for solar in part of the property
• Double glazing in part
• Quality wood used for shutters, doors + ceilings
• Foundation with water and electricity for hot tub
• Foundation on land for a yurt
2km to the village of Alferce with municipal swimming pool
9km to Monchique with every amenity
30km to south or west coast beaches
80km to Faro airport