Beautifully renovated 7 bedroom, 9 bathroom country house with large swimming pool on 3.7 hectare plot located very close to the renowned town of Borba in the Alentejo. The property sits in an idyllic location surrounded by orchards and is currently operated as a bed and breakfast with a rural tourism licence.
• Living area 617m², Construction area 632m²
• Plot 37.500m²
• 7 bedrooms, 9 bathrooms
• Year of construction pre 51, Year of Renovation 1999
• Central Heating
• 2 sunrooms
This beautiful property was converted from a ruin in 1999 and is currently used as a fully licensed bed & breakfast. The property is set on a very large private plot with the house and garden at its center, surrounded by orange and cork trees. Although isolated, the property is just 2km from the N4 motorway and only 4km from the famous city of Borba – known internationally for its superb wines and vineyards.
The property has been renovated to feel rustic, with wooden beamed ceilings and many of its original features such as floors and large fireplaces, the living room having two! The bedrooms are huge and all 7 are en-suite with the 6 ground floor bedrooms having private access from the garden.
The ground floor consists of living room, kitchen, 2 sunrooms, office, laundry WC and 6 en-suite bedrooms. The top floor has a further suite. The large swimming pool has a shower room and WC.
• Mini fridges in some bedrooms
• Salamanders in 2 bedrooms
• Air conditioning in 4 bedrooms
• Heat recuperator in one suite
• North facing double glazing
• 2 fireplaces in living room
• Distance to sea 126km
• Nearest beach (fluvial) 57km
• Distance to airport Lisbon/Beja 177km 124km
• Nearest school 4km
• Nearest town 4km
• Nearest golf 128km