• Plot size: 1.43 ha
• Built in 1996, renovated in 2016
• 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, summer kitchen
• Large modern pool, two roof terraces
This house sits on a south-facing slope on the edge of the beautiful and quiet village of Santo Estêvão where you will find a café, restaurant, a small supermarket, a post office and medical services. Tavira is a mere 10 minute drive away, as are the beaches of Barril and Fuzeta. Access to the house is via a quiet tarmac road and a private paved driveway.
A large front veranda, wooden window frames, exposed stone walls and glazed terracotta floors give the house its traditional flair. From the south-facing veranda you step straight into the living room with an open fireplace in one corner and a raised area to one side. To the other side is the modern kitchen which has been partly fitted.
A hallway leads to the bedrooms and bathrooms. There are two bedrooms that open onto an east facing veranda which could be left open or covered with vines. This space has sea views to one side. Both bedrooms have large built-in wardrobes with traditional wooden doors. Both rooms are fitted with air-condition as well as ceiling fans. Off the hallway are the two modern bathrooms, one with a bathtub and the other one with a shower. There is also a third room with two small windows which could be used as another bedroom, an office or a storage room. Steps at the rear of the house lead to the roof terrace.
A few steps up from the front veranda is a modern building with a secure storage room and a large covered terrace with a summer kitchen and BBQ. Stairs to the side of the storage room lead up to a roof terrace and the 10 metre swimming pool.
The land to the side and immediately to the front of the house are included in the sale. It is possible to apply for an extension of the building, but also for a separate rural tourism project in the south-western part of the plot.
Amenities• Swimming pool (10 x 4.5 m), tiled
• Modern kitchen, partly fitted
• Traditional floor tiles
• Covered main terrace
• Patio outside the bedrooms
• Two roof terraces
• Summer kitchen with BBQ and covered dining terrace
• Mains electricity
• Mains water
• Wooden window frames and shutters
• Air-conditioning in both bedrooms
• Storage room (or office or third bedroom)
• Fireplace in living room
• Water heater (gas)
• Outbuildings for storage or as workshop
• Large plot
• Natural garden with mature trees
• Good access
• Possibility to extend the building
• Option to create rural tourism project
Location• Hillside location with sea views
• Walking distance to shops, bar and restaurant
• 7 km to Tavira
• 7.5 km to the beach
• 4 km to nearest school
• 6.5 km to nearest golf course
• 32 km to Faro international airport