• Plot: 14 487 m²
• Construction year: 1906
• Construction licence pending approval: 97 m², 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms
• Idyllic countryside setting
• River frontage (approx. 350 m) and natural pool
This historic watermill in a stunning countryside setting is the perfect opportunity to create an idyllic rural haven for living, renting out or as a Rural Tourism business. Permission for a renovation project for a 97 m², 2-bedroom cottage is pending final approval.
The current owners have enlarged the land, fenced around 70% of the property, built an attractive retaining wall at the front of the property and are creating a feature-walled entrance with electric gates for vehicles and for pedestrians. Electricity will be provided by solar panels and/or from the mains network, which is nearby and can be easily connected.
Water is plentiful, both from a well and a recently installed 62m-deep borehole, which will produce up to 20,000 litres/day. The river has water year-round and a number of natural bathing pools.
The property is located on the edge of a tiny hamlet and accessed via a 3.2 km country road. An extraordinary opportunity for a rural idyll as home, holiday property or business.
Amenities• Borehole, well and cisterna
• Mains electricity nearby for connection
• Rustic land with maritime pine trees, carob trees, olive trees, strawberry trees and a loquat tree
• Riverside frontage and access, with natural bathing pools
• Partially fenced and walled
Location• Distance to sea: 16 km
• Nearest beach: Praia da Fuseta Ria (21.5 km); Ferry to Ilha de Tavira (21.5 km); Ferries (from Olhão) to Ilha da Culatra, Ilha do Farol and Ilha Deserta (23.5 km)
• Nearest golf: Benamor (27 km)
• Faro airport: 34 km
• Nearest town: Santa Catarina da Fonte do Bispo (7.5 km); São Brás de Alportel (15 km)