• Plot: 18,000 m²
• Year of Construction: pre-1951
• Project specifications available on request
• Short drive to town and all amenities
This property has enormous potential, with an existing old farmhouse (in ruins), other buildings and surviving, traditional agricultural features set in a large fertile agricultural plot of 18,000 m2, with only a few neighbours.
The existing ruin offers the opportunity to create a new house or to renovate and extend the traditional farmhouse. Recently, a project has been approved by the local council for a 1,500m2 construction including nine en-suite rooms, roof terraces and basement garage.
The ruin is located at the highest point of the diamond-shaped plot, in the northerly corner with the land sloping gently away from a ridge along the eastern boundary and descending in terraces to a brook that runs along western edge of the property. Access is via a 50m shared driveway from the tarmac road and, at the other end of the plot, a private path.
The land was used as a productive family farm with a mix of established trees including figs, olives, carobs, nêsperas, orchards of citrus and almonds, vegetable patches, arboriculture and watercourse beds. The surviving well, nora and cisterna are remarkable features, which could be restored, or the cisterna could be converted into a swimming pool.
The property would make an idyllic rural retreat for a family home or a fantastic agro-tourism or holiday project. Please contact our agency for more details.
Amenities• Mains electricity, telephone and mains water for connection nearby
• Fertile land with established trees, orchards, market gardening
• Large well with good water readily available
• Other traditional agricultural features – nora, cisterna, eira and terracing
Location• A short drive to Olhão (5 kms) with all its amenities and year-round entertainments and activities: supermarkets, banks, post office, restaurants, cafés, shops, pharmacies, medical centres, schools, newsagents, sporting facilities and public swimming pool, the famous fish market, marina, other markets and much more.
• Beaches: Praia dos Cavacos (3 kms), Praia da Fuzeta (8 kms), Praia de Faro (20 kms)
• Golf: Colina Verde (10 kms); Quinta do Lago Laranjal (23 kms); Benamor (25 kms)
• Faro International Airport: 18 kms