• Living area of 167m² (main house)
• Construction year 1991
• 2 Studios/Ateliers with 134m² and 115m²
• 3 separate, private guest cottages
• Rental Licence for the main building
Set in a huge plot of land with mature trees and amazing views to the coast, this exceptional property offers a peaceful space to live and work in, yet it is just a 15-minute drive away from the picturesque town of Tavira and only 20 minutes from the coast and its wide, sandy beaches. The large studio and atelier, the open-air theatre and the three separate cottages offer the opportunity to host, for example, workshops and cultural events.
The main house and three cottages have all been designed by the artist who owns the property. Each building has its individual style, but they all have large window fronts to fill them with light and air.
The main house has an octagonal layout, with a large living area on the ground floor and an equally spacious en-suite bedroom on the first floor. A small, but well-organised kitchen is located just off the living room. Two hallways on opposite sides of the living room lead to the studio and atelier respectively. The studio with its wooden floor and high ceiling would be the ideal space for dance or yoga classes.
The three cottages are spread around the garden and are very private. They each have their own kitchen and BBQ. The swimming pool has wood decking on two sides as well as a tiled terrace offering both shade and sun. This area is surrounded by mature trees and tropical plants, so it is very private but also has views onto the unspoilt countryside.
This is a unique opportunity to purchase a property with a total living space of more than 400m² in an area of increasing touristic interest where building is tightly regulated.
Amenities• 7x4m pool with decking and tiled terrace
• Mature garden with several ponds, games areas and open-air theatre
• 2 boreholes and holding tanks (cisterns)
• Fully fitted kitchens in main house and cottages
• BBQ areas for guests
• Wood-burning fireplaces in the main house and in one of the cottages
• Laundry room, guest bathrooms and washrooms including one disabled WC
• Phone line/internet/satellite T.V.
• Ample parking
• Alarm system in the cottages
• Air-conditioning in two of the cottages
Location• Set in the peaceful countryside 3 km from the village of Santa Catarina da Fonte do Bispo and 10 km from the historic town of Tavira.
• All amenities catered for in Tavira: medical centres, supermarkets, a daily food and fish market, banks, post office, pharmacies, newsagents, petrol stations, schools, churches, restaurants, bars and cafes. There are also supermarkets, a bank, a post office, a petrol station, a primary school and several cafés, bars and restaurants in Santa Catarina. The agricultural co-operative sells the renowned local olive oil.
• A 20-minute drive to the coast and its beaches.
• A 35-minute drive to Faro international airport.